Adult Services Librarian
The Franklin County Public Library District is seeking an Adult Services Librarian to serve as the lead programmer and provider of adult services at our Brookville and Laurel Branches. This individual will be responsible for designing, implementing, and marketing a variety of programs; collection development of fiction, non-fiction, magazines, visual, and electronic resources; helping patrons with the selection of materials; and cultivating relationships with patrons, community groups, and our Friends of the Library.
The successful candidate will have previous
Located one hour northwest of Cincinnati, OH, in southeastern Indiana, FCPLD is a Class B district. Please submit a resume, three references, and a letter of interest to Director, Franklin County Public Library District, 919 Main Street, Brookville, IN 47012 or e-mail email@example.com.
Responsible to: Library Head Clerk and Library Director
Compensation: Part-time, hourly position –currently, approx. 30 hrs. per week at Brookville
Education, Training, and Experience Required:
· High School diploma or GED
· Computer experience in PC hardware and software
· Automation systems experience relevant to library inventory circulation, preferred but not required
Skills and Abilities:
· Good organizational skills
· Good interpersonal skills, i.e., ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with staff and the public
· Ability to effectively develop and maintain rapport with fellow staff members so that the library offers a positive work environment and a positive image to the public
· Knowledge of library resources and services
· Ability to work effectively in a computerized environment
· Perform general reference duties
· Assist patrons, as requested
· Work the circulation desk
· Perform other duties, as requested by the Branch Manager and/or Library Director
The responsibilities listed above are not to be considered a detailed description of all work requirements of this job. The Board of Trustees may assign additional tasks from time to time.